Friday, December 18, 2009

Online resource reviews

Here are my thoughts on the online resources we investigated:

You Tube - I love this sight and use it all of the time.  I have found quality video clips pertaining to the the Spanish-speaking regions of the world I study with students.  Sometimes they are about current issues and sometimes they present historical issues.  Students have watched newscasts as well.

I have also used it to show students music videos and dance styles. In addition, students have been able to watch parts of movies we have viewed in class when they have been out absent.

Movie Clips - I do not see this being very useful in my classroom.  I searched the videos that we show in the upper-level Spanish courses and was not able to locate any of them. If this site carried more foreign films, it could be useful.

 Next Vista - This site seems to have potential, but it was limited in its resources for the LOTE classroom.  Under Lightbulbs, I only found a couple of student presentations which were not always accurate in terms of Spanish grammar. I thought that there might be Spanish grammar clips created by teachers, but did not find any.  Under Global Views, there were a couple of clips about cities in Chile and Venezuela, but I don't think that I would use them. Under Seeing Service, there was a video about using the land to provide financial stabilty for families in Latin America.  The video was decent in terms of quality, but, again, not something I would probably use in class.

School Tube  - I found several presentations created by Spanish students and some scenes from Spanish classes, but nothing I would use in class.

Teacher Tube - This is a site I had never really explored before.  I did find a lot of Spanish-related materials on this site including a nice PowerPoint on the benefits of studying Spanish.  I will experiment with this site in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment